Thursday, April 7, 2016

"Don't do that!" (C) Профессор Донда Станислава Лема

VS2015 SP2 appeared I was told by team lead. He already tried, they like all that bullshit like Windows 10. 1st, it must be downloaded separately and doesn't come from VS Main Menu Tools->Extensions and Updates. 2nd, of couse, updating takes time. I pressed Cancel approx at 7% of progress bar. It showed "stopping" label and continued to approx. 50% of progress bar telling finally that 13 of 17 components were installed and setup was cancelled. And yes, VS 2015 was left in non-working state telling on launch that "Repair is needed or like that". And yes, now I have 2 VS 2015 in Control Panel - Programs and Updates, and 2nd one has bold icon comparing to 1st. So I chose Repair for that 2nd VS 2015 and voila - after quite a long wait on i5 with SSD I have one VS2015 record in Programs and Updates and it works, though complaining in the end of install for some features like Win10 SDK that "installer failed" - I didn't choose it at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment